In South Texas we do not have a long checklist to take care of when winterizing our homes, but there are a few things that you might want to take the time to check.If you are lucky enough to have a
Ways To Add Rich Red Into Your Living Room This Fall
Enjoy Your Autumn This Year!
1. Cozy up with warm walls. Obviously painting your walls is a change that will last beyond the weeks that compose the fall season, but if this choice is right for your space, painting can be a wonderful, cost-effective way to bring rich color into your room.
2. Add furniture with a pop of fall color. The good thing about red is that it can work as an accent with many palettes, even when it forms a contrast with existing decor.
3. Accessories. Hexagonal carpet tiles and throw pillows echo the red, while the autumn brown of the art repeats in the sofa, pillows and darker carpet tiles.
4. Add drama with a red door. Who doesn’t love a barn door, especially a bold red one that celebrates the color of bright fall leaves? Your time to try this!
5. Layer in a red rug. A large red area rug pulls a space together. Golds and wooden features can tie a room together!
6. Bring in soft decor. This is really the easiest technique of them all, as it doesn’t require changing out major pieces.
Karen & Henry Seale